*Applicants MUST have EU citizenship.
JOB TITLE: InfoSec Architect / Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO:
EMEA Head of Information Security
Salary: € 80k max
ABOUT THE ROLE
Assist the business in using a risk based approach to secure IT systems from current and emerging threats during development and maintenance cycles. Determine security requirements for projects. Estimate the cost and determine the delivery approach for security solutions. Assist in preparing global IT security standards and reference architecture. Assist the development of policies and procedures.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Plan, analyze, and design global security systems including network monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, identity management, access control, mobile device management, and data protection. Initiate upgrades to security systems as necessitated by technology availability and maturity, security gaps, emerging threats, business risk and needs, and cost effectiveness.
- Serve as a primary security contact for projects during the planning, analysis, and design phases of projects. Provide IT security technology and process guidance for enterprise architects and the business. Monitor ongoing projects to verify that security components are built and deployed as originally designed.
- Improve the security posture of business systems by planning and designing the delivery of security within the solutions. Evaluate security at all levels including network (firewalls, routers, etc.), server (mid-range, mainframe, virtual, appliance, etc.), OS (Windows, Linux, OSX, iOS, Android, etc.), application server (WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, etc.), application (Java, JSP, .NET, etc.), data store (Directory and database), authentication mechanisms, authorization procedures, auditing/logging, and user administration and access control. Consult on security considerations based on system delivery models including internally hosted, cloud hosted, cloud managed, mobile, etc.
- Research emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and security practices/standards to maintain professional relevance and assist during the response to security incidents affecting or potentially affecting the organization.
- The successful candidate will have the following mix of education, technical skills, knowledge, competencies and behaviours:
- 7+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years specific to security
- Strong communications skills - spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with calculating and assess risk based on threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigating factors
- Experience with best practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture
- Exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development
- Experience with working across business unit and geographical boundaries to engage team members required
- Risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, data security protection, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies ISO 27001/27002, ITIL and NIST frameworks
- Experience of financial services (or other) application and infrastructure information security
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certifications a plus: CISM, CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, TOGAF, CEH
- Perimeter security controls – firewall, IDS/IPS, network access control and network segmentation
- Router, switch and VLAN security; wireless security
- Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDoS mitigation technologies
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Network security architecture development and definition
- Network or web penetration testing skills a plu
- Written and oral English language proficiency
- Other language skills are valued
Travel & Other Requirements
Requires occasional travel to the business division headquarters, corporate center, and across region (depending on role location) or conference locations; travel will typically not exceed 20%.
*Applicants MUST have EU citizenship.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send your CV to Liam Irvine today.