Identity & Access Engineer
Location: Dublin City, South
Salary: €50,000 Max (DOE)
Permanent, Full Time
The Identity and Access Management Support Engineer oversees aspects of solutions architecture and software development in the domain of identity and access management and related middleware.
- Develops and maintains computer programs to specifications.
- Tests all updated or new programs to ensure that they meet specifications and that they are efficient.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation to ensure that they are in compliance with company standards. Cooperates with testing personnel to develop approaches to systems testing, acceptance testing and data conversions.
- Conducts preliminary analyses of cost/time requirements to determine the feasibility and scope of proposed projects.
- Develops data and process models in accordance with design specifications.
- Analyses the need for system back up, security, restart and recovery, balancing and controls; recommends approaches for meeting these needs.
- Analyses and documents the requirements of and approaches to data conversion.
- Manages and controls system development projects; audits the work of sourced suppliers and vendors to ensure that system requirements and installation objectives are consistently being met; analyses and evaluates existing computerized systems and manual systems and procedures for the Company to improve efficiency; conducts detailed systems studies of various Company functional operations to improve their operational efficiency; and researches areas of Company operations where problems in methods, practices and procedures exist in order to recommend and develop more efficient manual or computerized systems.
- Work with company’s other support teams, service providers, and external vendors to implement and sustain the solutions.
- Assist in the rapid execution of information security initiatives by maintaining an appropriate level of prioritization, focus and persistence in an environment of significant change and growth.
- Ensure that service level objectives are delivered and meet stakeholder expectations for quality.
- Provide consistent follow through with the Business Manager and IT Project manager on issues/concerns to ensure appropriate visibility and escalation where needed.
- Must be able to manage project task execution independently and get all associated team members to deliver their tasks on time, both with and without direct authority.
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions.
- Has ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
- Must be self-motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience on a technical team, preferably a software development team; experience should include development team oversight, and implementation of processes and metrics that improve team performance
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and on-going maintenance of software on UNIX/Linux environment
- Demonstrated understanding of security concepts and experience writing UNIX shell scripts
- Experience in Java programming, J2EE development, and well versed with API, Web Services and JNDI
- Demonstrated expertise with trouble shooting J2EE applications on Unix/Windows systems
- Experience with WebLogic a plus
- Knowledge with web services security and management tools
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle process
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience in standard operating procedures to perform pre and post production support activities
- Should have comprehensive knowledge of concepts of Incident, Change & Problem Management and experience of working on ticketing tools (e.g., Remedy, ServiceNow etc.)
- Understanding of service level agreements and prioritization of incidents / enhancements
- Strong analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Enterprise directory architecture and design including directory schema, namespace and replication topology experience
- Experience preferred in the following areas: Identity Management, Role Based Access Control, User Access Certification, Web Single Sign-on, Federated Identity
- Knowledge on SOA BPEL workflows a plus
- Experience is preferred in the following products: Oracle Identity Manager, CA Siteminder, Oracle Unified Directory, Oracle Identity Analytics, Oracle Virtual Directory
- Knowledge with federated identity and web services security concepts such as SAML, Liberty ID-FF and ID-WSF, WS-Federation and WS-Security a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to interact with others in a consistently positive manner, exercising discretion and tact
- Excellent written communications skills which demonstrate the ability to draft clear, concise specifications, documentation and reports
- Demonstrated ability to perform competently under pressure, handling interruptions and changes without losing productivity
- Demonstrated ability to plan assignments and monitor performance according to priorities as demonstrated by regularly meeting established deadlines
- Able to provide 24x7 on call support as assigned.
*All applicants must have full EU working eligibility.
If you meet the requirements, please apply to Liam Irvine today.