Application Support Engineer
This permanent job with our enterprise client in Sandyford, Dublin represents an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Application Support professional to develop their career. We are as interested in your attitude and ambition as your experience and qualifications.
This role will suit a highly intelligent, ambitious person who works on initiative and enjoys being part of a talented team within a growing company.
You'll be given the autonomy to follow through on your ideas and the satisfaction of being a significant member of the team that drives the Company's success in the months and years to come.
Purpose of Role:
* You will be a key member of the Application Support team who are responsible for maintaining all production systems.
* Working in a dynamic environment, you will be a superbly talented and innovative thinker and be comfortable with working to deadlines. You will also be a self-starter who is focused on practical solutions.
* You will understand the importance of reliable systems management to the achievement of commercial objectives.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Proactive monitoring of systems and alerts through existing monitoring systems
* Implementing scripts and code/data fixes
* Clearly document issues requiring investigation by another team
* Working closely with third party suppliers to provide support for all systems
* Perform SQL queries and produce reports
* Carry out deployments of software to various environments
* Interacting with IT support and development functions to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems as they happen
* Participate in Out of Hours 24x7 support on a rotation basis
* Solid and demonstrable SQL Server competence
* Strong TSQL and scripting experience
* Strong experience managing Microsoft IIS
* 4+ years Production Support / Development experience or similar
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to see issues through to resolution
* Deployment experience
* Knowledge of .NET stack, C#
* Knowledge of windows and web services
* Experience of ITIL change management process
* Previous experience working in high-growth environment
* Experience of using Visio to document and model processes
The successful candidate will be:
* Capable of writing high quality documents in clear, simple English
* Able to concisely document complex scenarios in clearly understandable form
* A self-starter with common sense approach and an attention to detail
* Capable of adapting to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
* A tenacious problem solver
* An excellent communicator who enjoys working in a close knit team
This role is based in Sandyford, Dublin, Ireland.