A Technical Writer is required for a dynamic software company based in Athlone in Ireland. You would be working primarily on an outsourced project for one of the biggest IT companies in the world, and be responsible for ccreating and updating existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs, APIs and online help
· Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards
· Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
· Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
· Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics.
· Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system:
· Proven Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
· Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation.
· Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly.
· Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA and XML.
· Relevant Degree in a related field.
Remuneration / Benefits:
· Excellent starting salary (depending on experience level)
· 5% pension (matching contribution)
· Private health insurance
· Remote interview process if necessary to accommodate overseas applicants
· Relocation help and guidance