Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Sandyford, Dublin
If you're a Software Engineer who also likes their sport then you're in for a treat as my client is looking for a talented Engineer to join their team in developing an exciting sports app to give sports fans the latest news, stats, scores and betting opportunities.
The ideal person will have a strong development background, ideally in mobile development but as long as you have experience working on a customer facing product you will be considered so what are you waiting for? Check out the requirements and get in touch for this Software Engineer vacancy.
Software Engineer Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
* Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with close collaboration with Design, Business, Product, Finance;
* Essential to have strong verbal communication skills: all good software development centres around people - you must be able collaborate closely with your engineering colleagues;
* Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who can work without supervision;
* Sports fan - you have to like some sport!
Software Engineer Requirements & Desirables:
* MongoDB or other no-sql databases M
Those are the wish-list skills which may be ambitious but if you don't ask, you don't get!
Applications will also be favourably considered by candidates with the following general experience in:
* Building server-side components in other languages (Ruby, Java, .Net, etc.)
* Serving resources and data to front-end mobile apps via internal RESTful APIs
* Building out relational data models in backend databases.
* Integrating with and processing data feeds from 3rd party real-time data sources (in XML, JSON, etc.)
* 2+ years of software development experience in a commercial environment
* A qualification: B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent lifetime experience
* Good habits for software team workflows in Git (i.e. git flow);
* Experience in working to agile development processes
This is an amazing opportunity that doesn't come around that often so reach out if you're a Software Engineer looking for a change!