Our client are a leading Dublin Educational institution. They are currently upgrading a major software product and are seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to manage and quality assure the activities of appointed consultants.
The initial phase will be the production of a detailed functional and technical specification of requirements. It will be the responsibility of the Project Manager to ensure that the resulting specification meets the stated objectives for this phase. The specification output from this phase will utilised to undertake a procurement process to identify the appropriate system to underpin the change management process.
The requirements for the role can be summarised as follows:
• The Project Manager will report to a Project Board and will have overall project management responsibility for the activities. This is an ambitious project that will require engagement with all areas of the University and will deliver a broad range of process improvements and student engagement enhancements.
• You will require strong project management skills and experience in delivering large complex projects that deliver transformational change to time, cost and quality criteria throughout the project life-cycle. You should be comfortable working in an environment of extensive change and have a flexible, calm and adaptable approach.
• You will need excellent organisational skills and experience of managing stakeholders at all levels of an organisation with sometimes competing needs.
• A PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent agile or traditional project management qualification is a distinct advantage for this role.
• Knowledge of adopting an enterprise architecture approach & ITIL is desirable.
• The role will require the ability to build, manage and motivate one or more project teams in a matrix management environment, a professional approach, clear-thinking under pressure and a thorough, diligent approach to project management.
• Experience if the third level education sector would be beneficial.
For more detail please contact Derek Smyth on 6621000 or simply email your CV.