itContracting are seeking applications for an Helpdesk Engineer, this is a 9 month contract starting in December at our clients site in Galway.
* Acting as first level support, attempting to resolve all logged issues at initial user contact.
* Acting as a user advocate, liaising between IT business/clinical users and IT technical staff.
* Develop a full knowledge of all Information Systems and other IT systems
* Carry out standard PC Tech Duties, backups, data recovery and user admin (passwords, new users etc.).
* Applying security access for new and existing users on Domain and application systems.
* Be responsible for individual tasks and target dates.
* Assist with any wifi issues that arise and update passwords on local SSID's, perform local network tasks including port patching and other changes.
* Assist in the maintenance and development of preventative measure applications (Solarwinds).
* Assist with new software installations that will be done with the participation/knowledge of the Systems Administrator.
* Manage the IT knowledge base; logging issue types and resolutions.
* When necessary, attend other sites within the group to provide IT Support.
* Assist in the production/review of IT project documentation and Standard Operating procedures.
* Monitor vendor logs requiring IT staff/end user response and following up on same.
* Monitor vendor SLA's and assist in printing related issues.
* Swap out/replace/install local IT hardware, including desk side scanners and handhelds.