TalentScope Recruitment Solutions, on behalf of our client is hiring an Embedded Software/Systems Engineer for a permanent position.
Skills/Experience Required for this role include the following:
- Knowledge of programming and debugging on 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers. Ability to program proficiently in C and to understand assembly language.
- Any exposure to or experience of any of the following would be an advantage: working with mobile 2G/3G/4G/LTE communication systems, TCP/IP, GPS, RFID, CAN, RS232, SPI, I2C, programming in C++ or C#, developing for Windows Desktop, embedded PCs, Windows Embedded/Compact, embedded Linux, real time operating systems, CCTV camera systems, systems integration.
- Work as part of the embedded software team, developing high quality, robust and efficient code which meets the required specification.
- Work on all aspects of the Software Development Cycle, from requirements and functional specifications, through design documentation and implementation, to test plans and testing/commissioning activities.
- Be able to read and understand device documentation and protocol specifications in order to be able to program, configure and interface with third party devices.
- Follow work instructions to implement the planned solution whilst keeping an open mind to alternative solutions.
- Comply with all company software quality processes.
- Participate in and contribute to routine software design reviews, peer code reviews and software acceptance test activities as and when required in order to produce quality.
- Review and agree project timescales with the Embedded Systems Software Manager.
- Work diligently and professionally to deliver the agreed work products to specification on time.
- Review and respond in a timely manner to issues raised by customers and staff.
- Work with members of the software management team to improve and promote the software development processes.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of current and future technologies relevant to the company’s products and markets – from overall architecture to low-level technical details.
For more information on this role, please submit a current CV outlining relevant experience by emailing email@example.com or phone Aileen on 01 4426578 / 087 2344753.
TalentScope Recruitment Solutions are a leading provider of IT Recruitment Solutions for mid-senior level roles. Please be advised you will receive an automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.