Network Security Engineer - Dublin City
Salary DOE circa €80,000
Network Security Engineer required for pharmaceutical company based in Dublin. You will primarily be involved in the planning, design and administrator of the client's network security systems.
You will have the ability to work independently and also as part of a team demonstrating a strong ability to solve highly technical problems. Acting as a senior point of escalation for the entire support team, you will have the ability to manage many projects at once.
In terms of network security, you will be ensuring that the network is up to date with security requirements, including Data Protection, Documentation (reporting on vulnerabilities etc) and ISMS policy's. Another key part of the role will be to ensure that both employees and clients are encouraged to use best practices in security.
As a Network Security Engineer you will:
* Design & implement on networks and related systems
* Develop both high-level & detailed implementation for enterprise networks and advise on the architecture
* Conduct vulnerability assessments, incident responses, forensic investigations etc
Qualifications & Attributes
* A degree in an IT related field
* 7-10 years experience in IT with 5 focused on network security
* Experience with Syslog, Nessus, Spunk, Symantec SEP, AppScan, Palo Alto
* Minimum CCNP certification
* Effective communication skills and have the ability to work to tight deadlines
* General expertise in network security including firewall configuration, network intrusion detection systems, leased lines/circuits, DNS
* Working knowledge of, including but not limited to: Encryption, Remote Access mechanisms, IPS/IDS, Firewalls, SIEM, Antivirus, Malware protection
* Knowledge of one or more scripting languages
* F5 load balancing exposure is a plus
* Must be eligible to work in Ireland without sponsorship
If you are interested in the Network Security Engineering role, please apply online today or contact John James Baird at Reperio Human Capital on 01525 3404.
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.