GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
We are looking to hire an experienced Front End Developer to join our next generation User Experience team. The Web Application UI Developer will particpate on a design team developing Aspect's future desktop. The focus will be on usability of the User Interface.This will include the design documentation and implementation of the component. In this position, the Web Application Developer leverages computer programming languages and other specific technologies required to develop and maintain the component at an advanced level.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and does ongoing modification of software components.
* Code may be used in commercial end-user applications, prototypes, or in test tools or other supporting programs.
* Using the required programming languages and other technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
* May interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* May participate in development in any of a range of product areas such as thin client, rich client, server, installation, communication layers, and so forth.
* Troubleshoot, analyze, replicate, regress and resolve complex field software problems escalated to engineering.
* Work closely with developers and performance engineers to enhance supportability and identify performance bottleneck in the product.
* Design, implement and test enhancement feature requests to enhance product functionality as needed.
* Responsible for handling critical customer problems in real-time and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases or patches.
* Coordinate, respond, track and follow-up on customer problem reports/technical support requests for Engineering.
* Reproduce customer issues and resolve them by either establishing a workaround or a solution, or by debugging and creating a bug fix.
* Work with support engineers, professional services and sales engineers to investigate and handle customer and field escalated cases.
* Create and document best practices guidelines and knowledge base articles.
* Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities.
* Provides estimated timelines for fixes.
* Ensures products are up to date with 3rd party components that are in use.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* 5+ Years experience developing data driven applications
* Knowledge of design patterns and software architecture
* Experience working in agile teams and using source control systems such as Git
* Experience using Web Storm or equivalent IDE
* 5 years of experience in Front End Development
* Four year degree in technical or engineering field. B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related discipline minimum.
* This position is based in our Galway location.