Desktop Support Engineer
Our client is one of the most famous names in the IT industry who have for several decades been pioneers in the industries, remaining as one of the world's top IT companies and employers. With an EMEA Headquarters in Dublin 18 they continuously improve work processes, employee experience and the tools they use to be successful.
They require a Deskside Support Engineer with at least 2 years' technical support experience in a Service Desk/Helpdesk role to join them, initially on a 6-month contract.
Job Reference: BBBH 10834
The Core Duties:
* Imaging via PXE and USB new laptops and desktops.
* Installing and configuring authorised software to approved laptops and desktops.
* Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date.
* Maintain all logs for equipment for users.
* Onboarding new joiners, assisting with induction and Day 1 - IT academy's
* Assisting with Desk moves and Desk Setups.
* Admin Email, phone etc. Patching of network connections
* Support Windows client rollouts which involves workshops onsite
* Provide support for streaming events, on request.
* Setup, configure and support on-site video conferencing technologies (Roundtable, Polycom, etc.)
* Setup, manage and maintain Hardware device areas.
* Incident Management - actively supporting client base and keeping them up to date throughout an incident lifecycle.
* Create/update/maintain IT documentation and procedures related to all build, deploy, maintain and support operations.
* Maintain full ownership of support incidents/requests to ensure they are dealt with promptly and professionally and that they are also concluded.
* Testing of updated OS image on IT standard client hardware.
The Ideal Candidate:
* At least 2 years' technical support experience in a Service Desk/Helpdesk role.
* A motivated organised individual.
* A+ Certification Desirable
* Must have excellent communication skills
* A background in a fast-paced environment.
* Good client facing experience. User comes first.
* Excellent customer service skills and experience.
* Must be technology savvy.
* Familiar with basic networking concepts. TCP/IP, IPV4/IPV6 etc.
* The company has consistently been voted one of the best large companies to work for in Ireland.
* Great onsite subsidized canteen with top class food.
* On-site parking and close to Luas and bus links.
* Very flexible and grown up working environment.
* A diverse multicultural environment.
* 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) per annum plus paid bank holidays.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.
Job Reference: BBBH 10834