IT Desktop Support Engineer
You will be part of the ESP Global Services team. This role as IT Desktop Support Engineer is situated onsite at one of our valued customers.
You will provide on-site IT support resolving desktop problems and maintaining hardware in line with defined operating procedures and within agreed contractual service levels within a Corporate environment.
* Respond to allocated customer incidents (hardware, software and connectivity) and service requests and manage through to a successful resolution within agreed service levels.
* Deliver IMAC and desk-side support services to the customer in line with agreed project timescales and service levels
* Deliver hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops across the customer site portfolio
* Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on Desktop Devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of Desktop Devices using appropriate tools).
* Support, manage and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
* Identify and obtain from the vendor any spares required to respond to incidents and ensure that the customer is kept informed of any resulting delays.
* Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements.
* Ensure that each Desktop Device is installed with the appropriate Desktop image
* Provide VIP support for Desk side issues
* Maintain a high level of communication at all times with the customer, colleagues and senior members of staff and provide timely updates to the Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required.
Skills / Competencies / Experience Required:
* Minimum:1-3 years' experience in onsite support for role holder to perform fully and effectively in role
* Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop software (Windows XP / 7 / 8 / OS) is a requirement
* Previous experience with Service Management Tool - Service Now * * Expertise on EUC tools, remote support tools, MS Office and Outlook
* * Awareness of the ITIL process of Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and related activities such as spare and buffer stock management.
* * Strong communication skills
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs in Hong Kong, Singapore, Trinidad, Chicago and Mexico. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.
Working hours: Monday - Friday - 0900- 1730
Salary: - 24,000