Devops Engineer – Dublin - €45 – 65k
My client is an international software house based in Dublin City Centre. They are seeking an experienced Devops Engineer to join the team. The role will suit those who have a passion for quality, doing it "right first time" and proactively driving forward improvement initiatives.
You will be required to:
Perform the following activities for the assigned projects/releases:
* Perform configuration management, software build and release engineering activities
* Where possible automate all activities as part of the continuous integration process
* Setup and maintain automated CI process using Jenkins and Atlassian suites, including build, test, deployment and release
* Develop and maintain Chef deployment scripts for all the components in the project
* Setup and maintain automated test framework as part of CI process.
* Prepare and deploy all agreed deliverables - adhere to all code freeze and deployment schedules
* Perform activities pertaining to setting up, maintaining and managing environments for development, testing and pre-production releases
* Provide support on software configuration mgt and continuous delivery best practices
* Identify all relevant configuration items in coordination with project managers and project Leads
* Ensure all configuration items (docs, S/W, environment config & database) are regularly version controlled.
The ideal candidate will have:
* 3+ years' experience building, deploying J2EE applications and controlling Java related test environments
* Experience using the following tools - JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Zephyr, Maven, Nexus, Sonar, Selenium & Confluence
* Extensive experience with one of the popular deployment framework Chef/Puppet/Ansible
* 3+ years' experience using Linux/Unix Shell Scripting
* 3 years' experience of application life cycle best practices for example CMMi, ITIL, SCRUM
* Strong working knowledge of branching and release management techniques
* Excellent communication, presentation and training skills
To be considered for this role please forward your CV to David@nextsteprecruitment.info