itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our Dublin based client in the hiring of a Senior DevOps Engineer. This is a 12 months' contract with every likelihood of being extended.
You will play a key part in ensuring that our Client systems can sustain growth and development as demands increase. You will provide guidance on the design, build and maintenance of the next generation of our systems.
You should have an automation and DevOps mind set. You should have strong fluency in Bash and Python and you should be able to demonstrate where you have written complex scripts and programs from scratch for a variety of purposes.
You should have demonstrable experience in securing Linux based Webservers from the OS to Apache configuration and be aware of the evolving threat vectors involved in hosting sites on the cloud and internally.
You will be expected to help to design and deliver continuous integration and delivery systems. Ideally, you will have experience in container and micro service environments.
You will have had experience in creating, maintaining and securing web applications in a public cloud environment.
You should have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
You must have expert knowledge of:
* Firewalls, Iptables, firewalld, Fail2Ban, OSSEC or equivalent
* Hardening servers and blocking and monitoring unwanted traffic
* Denial-Of-Service (DOS) protection (DOS deflate or equivalent) Nagios or equivalen
* Scaling Web applications using Squid server or equivalent, Apache and web caching
* Implementing/improving robust failover and load balancing
* Fault detection, isolation, resolution, log analysis and root cause analysis
* Implementing deployment to production pipelines
* Developing and maintaining scripts for systems automation
* Providing systems administration for Linux based systems
* Linux/Unix systems admin skills (particularly Centos/Redhat)
* Document planning, processes and procedures.
* Performing out of hours upgrades (normally monthly)
* Supporting 24x7 systems
* TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, DHCP etc.).
* Strong exposure to web security and web server configuration, including Apache
* Mail System Administration
* Writing and troubleshooting bash scripts
* MySQL / PostgreSQL DBA experience
* Scripting experience in python