Permanent Job based in London City Centre
Attractive Salary and Benefits package
Job Ref: BBBH10772
Allen Recruitment are assisting a leading international financial services company (based in London City) which is growing its inhouse Software Development team.
Right now, they wish to recruit an experienced DevOps Engineer to support their infrastructure, software applications, development and integration teams.
DevOp provide 24/7/365 hosting services - therefore this is a key role within the IT department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Build and configure cloud configurations on the AWS - Cloud Computing Services. In particular install and configure new environments using automated scripts that you create.
* Automate via Puppet scripts all server components
* Document procedures and policies that relate to the IT systems you support in particular the application configuration.
* Support the development lifecycle including all types of testing to ensure system performance meets the required standard
* Manage deployments and all changes to the infrastructure and code base in production
* Manage 3rd party vendors and hosting services
* Ensure DR and BCM process and procedures with regular testing of the configurations to ensure fit for purpose
* Create monitoring and regular reports on availability and performance
* Involved in defining the physical architecture and maintaining this as part of an IT roadmap
Essential Skills & Experience:
* 5+ years professional Linux experience
* Proven ability in writing procedures and policies which can be used by other staff and are maintained within a review lifecycle
* Experience in operating 24x7x365 customer focused environment
* Good knowledge of IP networks and protocol
* System level knowledge of Linux, Nginx, Java servlet containers (jetty or tomcat)
* Software release management
* Patch management
* Linux (Ubuntu or CentOS)
* Shell scripting
* Project Management Methodology
* Programming ability in one or more of Java, Python/Perl, Ruby
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a new/expanding development team in London City Centre.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV in a Microsoft Word format today!