Are you looking for a position that can offer you a very broad technical scope while offering a senior position with the ability to research new technologies and to be hands on with infrastructure projects?
Our Client has has a requirement for Senior Technical IT Engineer to join their team based in Limerick. This position that offers technical autonomy within a collaborative and supportive environment where engineers are encouraged to develop their technical skills and attain industry certification.
Overview of the core Responsibilities:
* Point of escalation for the support and project teams to address and solve Client's technology issues, including issues related to implementation or integration with legacy customer infrastructure.
* Liaison for Enterprise Clients
* Implement Projects where there is a backlog.
* Assist presales account managers with technical questions or proposal generation.
* Escalation to Out of Hours Support Engineer
* Perform DR Test on Client sites
* Promote, develop, and maintain a positive experience for the Client through a teamwork focused approach
* Assist in evaluating new technologies, services and processes to meet the objectives for each site.
* Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements.
Technical Requirements & Experience
* Minimum of 5- 10 years hands-on experience in the rollout and management of storage and virtualisation solutions.
* Hands on (demonstrable) experience with VMware ESX Server or Hyper-V.
* Technical Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO, VMware).
* Storage Certified (Dell, EMC, Hitachi or NetApp).
* Setup, operation and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking.
* Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
* Change Control management
* Incident Management
For detailed information on this position and to discuss in confidence please email Matthew