A very well-known company within the automotive industry is currently on the lookout for an infrastructure manager to join them in their offices based in Dublin west region. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get involved in projects to help build a robust and effective infrastructure. This is a standalone role and will require someone who is happy to be the POC for the operational day to day running of the division.
• Manage/Plan all IT projects from start to completion within a suitable agreed framework and per an appropriate standard project methodology.
• To ensure all phases of projects are prepared, tested, executed and signed off by all relevant IT, Business and 3'rd party units.
• Ensure all projects are completed within Scope, Timescale, Budget and in line with Business Objectives.
• Manage and maintain Project Documentation throughout all stages of a project.
• Manage and maintain communications
• To continuously review and identify IT and Industry Technologies with regard to how they may develop or contribute to the Business and recommend new technologies for evaluation where appropriate.
• To assist where appropriate in evaluating new Business needs and requirements and also ensuring existing systems are used to full potential and effectiveness, liaising where necessary with system and business owners as well as any other relevant departments.
• Managing the relationships with 3'rd Party suppliers and vendors of all Systems, Applications, Tools and Hardware, including escalation of any issues.
• Act as a point of contact for General Managers, Heads of Departments and Senior Managers in relation to any project activities and offer advice or assistance in resolving any related issues.
• Validate technical information and issue early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
• Act as a point of contact for any escalations from the helpdesk.
• To monitor and escalate when necessary to relevant parties all IT support calls and ensure operations are getting supported as per SLAs.
• Investigate and resolve end-user support issues
• Investigate and resolve system support issues in all properties including head office
• Administrating and configuring policies on all IT systems
• Patch management deploying Microsoft critical and security patches.
• Detailing and placing requests for system changes (e.g. Firewall Rules)
• Ensuring scheduled system backups are completed and correct DRP procedures are being adhered to.
• Complete daily, monthly, yearly checklists to ensure all systems are functioning. Carry out any preventative maintenance or housekeeping on various systems.
• To maintain consistency of Microsoft Active Directory Environment
• Enforce security policy and software distribution by means of Active Directory Group Policy.
• 4 - 5 years' experience in IT Project Management
• 4 - 5 years' experience in a technical role facilitating 100 users +
• Microsoft Hyper V MCS and/or VMWare VCP certification or equivalent Hypervisor administration work experience
• Experience working with Windows 2003 & 2013
• Performance and Network Optimization, Log Analysis experience
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use own initiative when faced with complex problems and tasks
If you are interested in the Infrastructure Manger role, please click on apply now or contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000