The key responsibilities of the roles will include the following:
· Proactively develop subject matter expertise in the process requirements for procedures, based on available documentation, legislation and input from functional experts and other relevant sources.
· Model and define the future end-to-end business processes at a detailed level, including inputs, process steps, business and workflow rules, process diagrams, review and control points, exceptions, reports and outputs, and KPIs and metrics.
· Develop system specifications and other materials as required, based on the business process definitions, and within the constraints of the existing processes.
· Develop high-impact management reports containing the most useful Key Performance Indicators and metrics, recommendations for action, and trends over time, with high-impact data visualisation as appropriate .
· Coordinate user acceptance testing, including testing of its smooth integration with the core systems.
· Identify and implement incremental process improvements based on evidence from metrics and KPIs, so that processes are continually optimised.
· Coordinate the operational activities of the projects on cases, in terms of identifying and tracking deadlines for each case, both for internal milestones and to meet obligations on deadlines, and reporting and escalating these deadlines as appropriate.
· Take a methodical approach to analysing process issues and gaps, so that root causes are identified and solved.
· Proactively communicate and explain the end-to-end business processes to colleagues as needed, seek their feedback as the business processes are operationalised, and address concerns and issues.
· Actively support colleagues in the delivery of their own responsibilities that rely on business process definitions and operations.
· Collaborate with colleagues in other units on improvements in their own business processes.
· Contribute to the overall success of the unit by performing other ad hoc tasks as required.
· Maintain high standards of quality, timeliness and accuracy in all outputs.
· A minimum of a Level 8 Qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or Business and Finance.
· At least 4 years of experience as a business process analyst, covering every stage from incremental process improvement to full-scale process re-engineering to defining brand new processes.
· Repeated experience in using business process modelling methodologies, templates and tools.
· Experience in converting business process analysis definitions into software system specifications.
· Direct experience of software systems implementations including acceptance testing.
· Experience in designing, implementing the most useful Key Performance Indicators within management reports, and experience in analysing KPIs and recommending actions based on that KPI analysis, towards ongoing process improvement.
· Experience in the implementation of case management and workflow solutions.
· Lean, Six Sigma, Business Analysis Professional or similar qualification.
· Experience in systems configuration, acceptance testing and ongoing systems enhancements.
· Experience in the implementation of business processes across multiple organisations in an international context.
· Experience in the implementation of business processes across complex system and organisation landscapes, including multiple IT platforms, data interfaces and exception handling structures.
• Experience with data visualisation methods and tools.
• Project management experience or qualifications.
• Knowledge and understanding of the European and national policy agendas in the area of data protection.
· Strong understanding of business process analysis best practice.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including synthesis of multiple information sources, identification of dependencies and issues and their proposed resolution, and quick absorption of significant detail.
· Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and facilitation abilities, that can be applied to produce rigorous and accurate business process definitions.
· Strong proficiency in Jira/Confluence or equivalent tools.
· Strong proficiency with and experience in standard office tools such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and a willingness to learn and become proficient in other tools where necessary.
· A highly organised, self-motivated and self-sufficient approach to managing tasks.
· High level of discretion and the corresponding ability to handle sensitive information.
· High level of integrity in collaborating with colleagues.
· Ability to work under pressure and maintain a professional demeanour.