At Ammeon, we make sure the future does not leave our customers behind. We do this by accelerating our customers’ IT innovation allowing them to disrupt and compete. We provide consulting, Agile, Cloud, DevOps and automation skills and technologies to deliver this promise.
We are looking for smart, dynamic, and flexible people to help us deliver successful outcomes to our Tier 1 customers in Ireland, the UK and the Nordics. Join us – you will work with the best people, use the most up to date technologies, solve the most challenging customer problems.
About the Role:
The Solution Architect will be responsible for analysing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical Software as a Service solutions. In this role, you will also be responsible for profitable business by translating customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Working with customer to understand current systems and design technical solutions that meet the business needs
- Ensuring designed systems are scalable, robust and cost effective, requiring minimal maintenance and can be easily evolved to meet future business needs
- Assisting with product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed effectively to meet objectives
- Develop technical presentations, proposals and perform customer presentations in both Pre-Sales and Delivery phases of a customer engagement
- Comprehend and be able to communicate the technical capabilities and limitations of the frameworks used in the solution
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
- Collaborate closely with the Sales and Services in a true DevOps fashion
- Working within strictly defined timeframes and provide high level guidance on size and scale of work required for solutions
- Engaging business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Coordinate with other technical teams to define the platform technical architecture and to deliver optimal integrations with the surrounding systems e.g. coordination with security expects for security-related issues
- The ideal candidate will be well experienced across multi-vendor technologies and environments, including firewalls, proxies, remote access, IP connectivity and intrusion prevention.
- Interacting professionally with internal customers, vendors and suppliers
- 5-10 years experience and has proven strong technical leadership skills from several years’ hands-on experience working as Solution Architect
- Experience with direct customer interaction. Communication and interpersonal skills are key
- Have extensive knowledge in industry offerings and solutions in Virtualization, Orchestrations, Platforms and IP.
- Capability to understand customer business requirements and convert to technical requirements and solutions
- Familiar with different Cloud business/service/operational models
- Handled design and implementation on complex Cloud/Virtualization/Datacenters projects
- Relevant experience in some of the following areas: Software as a Service, Cloud and Virtualization, Agile and DevOps, SDN, NFV
- Have extensive knowledge in Multi-tenancy, OpenStack, KVM, Vmware, Storage Solutions and transmission design (IP connectivity), bandwidth and redundancy between node and/or datacentres
- Know the concept of Network function virtualization and the value argumentation of virtualization
- Familiar with data infrastructure service and distributed cloud technologies
- Experienced in change management, competence management and knowledge management
- Ability to demonstrate their experience of working effectively under pressure, across multiple cultures and complex environments
- Demonstrate advanced skills in communicating, leading, influencing, building networks and relationships, presenting, coordinating, planning and delivering results
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.