At Ammeon, we make sure the future does not leave our customers behind. We do this by accelerating our customers’ IT innovation allowing them to disrupt and compete. We provide consulting, Agile, Cloud, DevOps and automation skills and technologies to deliver this promise.
We are looking for smart, dynamic, and flexible people to help us deliver successful outcomes to our Tier 1 customers in Ireland, the UK and the Nordics. Join us – you will work with the best people, use the most up to date technologies, solve the most challenging customer problems.
About the Role:
The Agile Product Owner (PO) focuses on the operational side of product development, ensuring that they understand the priority of the product and the customer requirements. The role involves working closely with both internal teams and external customers. While not a technical role, the day-to-day subject matter is technical in nature.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders to understand product requirements.
- Translates product requirements in to epics and user stories.
- Maintains a prioritised set of user stories on the product backlog for the Agile Scrum teams to implement.
- Ensures that the user stories and epics are traceable and that high level requirements are maintained.
- Defines the acceptance criteria for user stories and approves user stories once satisfied that the acceptance criteria have been met.
- Works closely with the Agile Scrum teams during refinement and implementation of user stories providing input, advice and clarifications when needed.
- Ensures that Agile Scrum teams have a clear understanding of what they are developing and the technical and business value it delivers to the customer.
- Engages with the Architecture team when necessary to ensure the product’s architectural integrity is maintained during user story implementation.
- Acts as an evangelist of the product vision and value to all stakeholders.
- Ensures the overall quality of each sprint delivery.
- Manages stakeholder expectations with respect to delivery capability and release planning.
- 1 – 2 years previous experience working as an Agile Product Owner or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience working in the software industry in a technically orientated role or roles (such as developer, tester, support, technical business analyst)
- Experience delivering software in an agile software development environment.
- Skilled in using agile software development processes with a focus on delivering quality software.
- Knowledge of Agile estimation and planning techniques.
- An interest in technology and accustomed to dealing with low-level technical information.
- Comfortable being looked to as a decision maker and clearly able to explain the rationale behind any decisions that are made.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Excellent team-work skills .
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges.
- Analytical with good problem solving skills.
- Adaptable and open to taking on new roles, new relationships, new values, new behaviours, and new approaches to work on a continuous basis.
- Collaborative approach to finding solutions -values direct communication with customers rather than tools and processes
- Has the confidence to challenge decisions when needed and propose alternatives, both to the team and the customer.
- Has a natural curiosity and a desire to continuously improve and innovate, and a willingness to make decisions and work with others to put them into effect.
- Agile Product Owner certification.
- Knowledge or experience of working in DevOps environments.
- Knowledge or experience of working with the Linux Operating System, scripting languages (such as Python) and programming languages (such as Java).
- Experience of working with JIRA & Confluence.
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.