Senior DevOps Software Engineer
Permanent job based in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Top Salary levels with excellent benefits (including pension, health insurance, bonus, stock, limitless holidays etc.)
Relocation allowance available for overseas applicants.
Apply now with CV for details!
Job Ref: BBBH10620
Allen Recruitment is working with a high-profile international Commerce company in the early stages of building a high-performance team here in Dublin (requiring Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Data Scientists with strong coding skills).
As a Senior DevOps Software Engineer you will have an opportunity to join a world-class company where you will be supporting cutting edge services within huge-scale, high availability distributed systems.
This role requires deep expertise of the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform (supporting continuous integration/continuous delivery). You will be working within a DevOps team which is responsible for ensuring high availability and low latency for billions of HTTP requests/events received every day. As a senior member of the DevOps team, you can expect a lot of autonomy to define a roadmap and get things done.
* Automate as much as possible (particularly Azure build platform tools and dashboards)
* Create and execute forward looking technology roadmap (DCOS & Docker)
* Keep up with industry trends to ensure team is using the best tools and services
* Own and improve integration, deployment and monitoring story
* Work closely with developers to solve systems problems (contribute on a daily basis to code base - manage pager duty)
* Collaborate with security team to deliver world class software
Degree educated (ideally Masters) in a relevant computer science discipline
Required Skills (Essential):
* Plenty of experience managing cloud delivery platforms (i.e. Azure / AWS / GCE)
* Deep understanding of cloud technologies such as virtualization, storage and network domains in a cloud service model
* Hands on experience with one or more programming languages (i.e. C#, Python, Golang, F# etc.)
* Expertise with configuration management tools (i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
* Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server is a plus)
* Working knowledge of running and tuning applications in production
* Hands on experience with build tools and the Git version control system
* Hands on experience with Docker
* Hands on experience with Jenkins
* Experience of working in Agile/SCRUM teams
* Attention to detail (code and output)
* This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a leading innovative technology company building a high-performance team in Dublin
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Continuous learning environment
* Highly attractive salary and benefits package on offer (apply now with CV for more details)
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!