Our a client, a large communications group that offer multiple services through a number of different brands, currently has a job opening for a Data Scientist.
As the newest Data Scientist in the company you will be joining a multi-functional, project team that has grown rapidly in just a couple of years. Due to the structure of the group (with multiple businesses), projects and technologies will be extremely varied. Their activities range from R&D to internal and external client projects.
As this team, and Data Science in general, has already shown huge cost savings and profit growth for the business, it has become extremely well-funded and has the attention of upper management.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Macro-Economic modelling in the context of assessing media contribution
• End-to-end analytics project management
• Exploration of data mining using state-of-the-art methods that could be used as client solutions
• Enhancing data collection procedures by automating processes and simplifying step required.
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Excellent understanding of common econometric time-series regression models such as GLM, MA, AR, ARMA, ARIMA, etc.
• Advanced understanding of machine learning techniques, clustering techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forests, etc.
• Experience with common data science programming codes, such as R or Python. Strong scripting and programming skills in at least one of these is highly desirable.
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. and good scripting and programming skills
• Great communication skills
• Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Excel, Tableau, Qlikview, D3.js, GGplot, etc.
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
• Data-oriented personality with strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly spot anomalies or inconsistent patterns.
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right Data Scientist for this job, please do not hesitate to contact. Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.