Join a team of experts providing cutting edge technology solutions. This is a highly-visible, high-impact position, key in maintaining highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for providing post-sales, first-line technical assistance by phone (<10%) and email to support the companies edge DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) products as well as universal EdgeQAM and intelligent video processing solutions for broadcast and unicast services to customer base during the day shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Answer the customer support line
* Respond to customer support email
* Enter data in a web-based ticketing system (Salesforce)
* Resolve technical problems over the telephone and via email
* Configure customer systems
* Replicate customer problems in lab environment
* Enter commands and observing system response to verify correct operation and detect errors
* Update technical documentation
* Strong Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, network administration or related field
* 7-10 years of related experience or equivalent combination of both
* Prior tier-2 & tier-3 support or escalation experience in a telecom/networking products environment required
* Proficient in IP computer networking, and has the ability to configure and/or replicate customer problems
* Requires excellent communication skills (oral and written)
* Ability to understand and prioritize technical problems
* Works with development team to resolve customer hardware and software issues
* Produce clear documentation of issues and resolutions for web-based Salesforce.com ticketing system
* Experience with web-based applications and cable broadband services preferred.
* Able to run scripts in UNIX a plus
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.