Data Expert - Dublin
My client - Large company that operate out of central Dublin and are in the finance sector. Different to the rest of its kind and cutting edge in its field. Market leading in Ireland and hugely popular household name. The work they do is unlike their competitors, they take data science and big data to the next level and are making huge company changes reflective of the work in this area, so the successful candidate will play a huge part in the evolution of this company.
The role - A unique role where the basics of big data and big data technologies are rendered for their usual usages and then taken a step further and manipulated and played with in interesting ways to provide different insights not usually looked at. The work that this role provides is extremely important and the results are really changing and shaping the future of my client, their evolution and changes over the past couple of years alone is drastic and it shows by their rapidly increased popularity. There will be a big focus on machine learning and searching for insights inside large data sets. You will be given a lot of freedom to search for the insights that you feel provide the most value and the most potential to evoke a change that could aid my clients lead on the market.
* Ability to write script in either Scala/Python/R or SQL
* Experience working with big data tools such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig etc
* Educated to at least MSc level
* At least 2 years' experience as a data scientist (or similar)
* Experience working in agile
* Experience with machine learning algorithms
* PhD is preferable
* Previous experience working self sufficiently
* Experience working in a team
* Salary: 55-65k (Depending on experience)
* Benefits package (Includes VHI and Pension)
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.