Our Client is the largest live online educator on the planet, educating thousands of new students every month. Their mission is to deliver great education accessibly and affordably to everyone, everywhere. They are looking to expand their teams with people who share their vision and enthusiasm to reskill and upskill the world.
They are always looking for qualified instructors who have a passion to share their expertise and knowledge with the world. Working with them to create courses is an opportunity to collaborate with other like-minded professionals that results in you and your content being presented in the best possible light. You’ll also learn valuable skills applicable beyond your course and benefit from their very own educational platform Phoenix enabling them to teach more students live online whilst helping students achieve their learning objectives.
The company’s educators are industry leading subject matter experts with a passion to share their expertise with the world. They use storytelling, enthusiasm, and expertise to communicate concepts and demonstrate tasks and techniques. Their ability to communicate, and their passion for their topic, makes them amongst the best in the industry.
What you’ll be doing
• Delivering online webinars to a global audience of thousands of students each week.
• Creating and delivering engaging lessons, at both a beginner and advanced level.
• Providing support and building student rapport over the phone, through email and social media to ensure a positive learning outcome.
• Monitoring and keeping up to date with emerging trends in online teaching
What you’ll bring to the team
• Minimum 6 years’ relevant experience in Web Development essential.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, ideally Computer Science, Web Development, or similar.
• Excellent understanding of object oriented programming (e.g. C or derivatives, Python).
• Experience building server-based web applications using PHP and frameworks.
• Experience with databases, SQL injections & web app security.
• In-depth understanding of DNS services.
• Knowledge of a responsive design framework (e.g. Bootstrap).
• Relevant experience using, either as a teacher or a student, eLearning or instructional technologies is a distinct advantage.
• Teaching experience is preferable but not essential - a passion for teaching is a requirement.
• The ideal candidate will be creative minded and have strong technical skills.
What we’ll provide:
• Market beating basic salary in addition to an uncapped commission structure.
• Extremely favourable Employee Equity scheme in what is one of Ireland’s fastest growing companies and Europe’s largest EdTech firms with far greater ambitions and far more than adequate funding.
• A fun and exciting work environment.
• A once in a lifetime opportunity to change the world of education forever by joining our rapidly expanding technology-based firm with a foundation of real talent, and work with real innovators whilst achieving your own goals.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire” – W.B. Yeats
If you are interested in the Online IT Trainer – Web Development role please click on apply now or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.