We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to become part of a global engineering team with a leading cloud based infrastructure organisation based in Dublin City,
For the role you would be responsible for the design and continuous innovation of our rapidly expanding data center foot print.
We are looking for engineers with hands on electrical design experience. If you can design an electrical system, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a substation, and understand the constructability of varying designs we want to hear from you, so please get in touch on 01-9017821 for apply to the link below.
A little more around what you would be responsible for, to give you a very clear idea on the role;
* Be a leader within the global group as well as within internal and external teams that support our data centers.
* Work with internal teams to understand user requirements.
* Medium Voltage Substations designs
* Critical Data Center equipment design including Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Switchgear, Transformers, Earthing and Fire Detection/Suppression systems
* Design and collaborate with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
* Creation of designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements.
* Work with regional vendors and manufacturers to specify the appropriate electrical equipment.
* Work with local utilities to understand and define site utility requirements.
* Work with local agencies having jurisdiction to ensure compliance with IEC, EU requirements and building codes.
* Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
* Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
* Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
* Travel to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, and startup as needed.
* Be a leader within the global group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data centers network.
Some basic Qualifications we would ideally like you to have;
* Master's degree in an Electrical Engineering and ideally Chartered
* Ideally gained between 7 to 12 years of experience with power systems and mission critical electrical design.
* Fundamental understanding of critical LV electrical equipment.
* Possess leadership and problem solving skills.
* Be a motivated, highly dependable individual.
* Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities.
* Ability to carry new design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/construction.
* An ability to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality, reliability, or maintainability.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected an pioneer of the cloud industry, you will work on cutting edge technology and allow you freedom and creative freedom to make a real difference to the company. You will gain unrivalled experience that will propel your career to a new level and make your working day challenging and very interesting. If you are interested please submit your CV to the link provided or call Robert on 01-9017821.