Level 1 Application Support Engineer - Microsoft-based
CareWorks is an Irish company providing IT solutions to the social care market in the US, UK and Ireland.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, customer-focused technical professional seeking a software support role. The successful candidate will be responsible as part of the support team for actively managing incoming support incidents logged via our portal to meet customer service level agreements. They will be able to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the support process.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Act as second level contact to provide solutions for complex support issues escalated from first line.
• Support Managed Services, High availability clusters, Windows and SQL environments.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical incidents for customers
• Identify software bugs and work with development team to resolve them
• Document resolution of incidents and contribute to the Knowledge Base
• Work under Service Level Agreements (SLA) to resolve incidents for customers, avoiding SLA breaches.
• Participate on a 24/7 out of hours support roster
Ideally the candidate may have commercial experience in:
• Strong and proven SQL skills
• Strong and proven application support skills supporting critical platforms
• Problem and issue management, classification and prioritisation skills
• Expierience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2016
• Expierience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
• Hold a relevant third level degree or equivalent (a BSc. with a strong science or engineering content is preferred)
• Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
• Possess a positive can do attitude.
• Be self-motivated, disciplined and able to work well in a team environment but also on an individual basis to ensure tasks/actions are completed.
• Able to work to tight deadlines and produce solid work that is both accurate and to a high standard.
• Confident in face to face internal and external meetings.
• Be able to discuss their subject matter in a way that provides confidence to the customer and demonstrate strong communication skills.
CareWorks is located 2 minutes from the Luas stop in Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18