Network Engineer Global Tech Company
Immediate requirement for an experienced Network Engineer to join a global technology based company in Cork. The company are well known throughout the EMEA and US region for their innovative products. You would be working as part of a global technical team supporting EMEAI.
An overview of your role will involve
* Create and maintain network documentation.
* Maintain hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved equipment and procedures.
* Monitor system performance for performance tuning and provides detailed reports to senior management on the health and status of the data network infrastructure.
* Work as part of an on call rota
* Some international may be involved from time to time
* The successful candidate should have extensive operational experience in the design, implementation, and running of global multi-site network environments.
* Knowledge of WAN, LAN, Internet, remote access, security systems (firewalls and VPN's).
* Advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
* Strong knowledge of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP including Layer 1 through 4 protocol.
Systems: Juniper, Cisco Systems, Palo Alto, Arista, Linux, MacOS.
Networking: Switches, Routers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, UDP, VoIP, QoS, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, WAAS
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
This role will commence as a 12-month contract with a view to being extended. The role offers a daily rate of €350-375 depending on relevant experience.
Apply today with CV for more information on this Network Engineering role.