Data Solutions Applications Development Analyst
* Maintain and acquire expertise in the development, implementation and support of enterprise data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
* Develop SQL Server objects including complex stored procedures, extracts and interfaces to multiple current and legacy systems.
* Develop high quality and innovative data outputs e.g. Microsoft BI, including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Logi Analytics as well as Crystal Reports and interactive dashboards (Sharepoint etc).
* Collaborate with data and application architects, business and production system analysts, QA analysts and other system owners in the implementation and support of current and new data warehouses and their outputs.
* Interact closely with our business systems analysts and business end users to understand requirements and provide accurate solutions and estimates.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of group benefits (EBG) business.
* Constantly produce high-quality, well documented code that is easily maintainable following best development practices
* Perform and participate in the peer review process
* Develop meaningful unit test-plans, systematically implement and update them. Co-ordinate release management activities related to your deliverables.
* Understand that code performance is critical in an enterprise database environment and fine tune technical deliverables for optimum performance accordingly.
* Work in a multi-site team environment
* Provide outstanding customer service and follow up.
* 3rd level qualification in a Computer Science related discipline.
* 3 years+ software development or other relevant experience in an IT environment.
* Experience of working in the financial services sector (particularly insurance, ideally group benefits) is a plus.
* Strong Microsoft BI skills as above (Microsoft stack experience as a very basic minimum) are required.
* Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal or LOGIXML is ideal but not essential.
* Experience with ETL tools such as Powercenter Informatica is also an ideal but not essential.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills are required.
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.