Data Quality Analyst
Under limited supervision, the Data Quality Analyst will will work closely with the business to obtain a deep understanding of the business needs. They will prepare business requirement documents, mapping documents and business intelligence dashboard specifications. They will use their problem solving and technical skills to tackle business challenges and provide accurate, insightful and measurable results to all stakeholders.
* Develop a strong understanding of the requirements of internal and external reporting including the creation of data delivery and reports inventories, data flows from source to destination and process maps around same.
* Work across all levels of the organisation to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies communicating both upwards and horizontally.
* Ensure all data deliveries have appropriate documentation detailing data definitions, data ownership (end-to-end), quality safeguards, and a data quality assessment. Assist business units in the development and maintenance of same.
* Perform data profiling exploration on disparate data (structured and unstructured) sources
* Create scripts to validate accuracy of data loads and extracts
* Communicate clearly with many different audiences both technical and non-technical, in traditional and non-traditional ways.
* Assess and identify areas for improvement (business processes, etc.) to assist the organization in striving for best practice in data management and reporting
* Work with business stakeholders to develop value propositions underpinned by sound analytics
* Advanced SQL skills
* A motivated self-starter who can work with little supervision and in a collaborative team environment
* Passionate about data and using data to drive sound business decisions with a minimum 3 years' work experience in a similar environment
* A proven track record in demonstrating a systematic, disciplined, analytical and customer focused approach to problem solving
* Experience with data modelling, data querying, data manipulation of large data sets
* Intermediate knowledge in Data Quality tools, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software
* Demonstrated ability to work in a changing and challenging environment with a record of producing high quality deliverables against an aggressive schedule
* An excellent communicator, comfortable interacting with people at various levels across business and IT functions
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.