Role: Oracle DBA
Duration: 6 months
Purpose of the Job: The role will be an Oracle 8 years+ experience based in Cork. The DBA is to administer databases, including database configuration, backup and recovery, capacity planning, troubleshooting and security in a hands-on team lead position.
Duties & responsibilities: The main responsibilities will be:
1. Install and maintain Oracle databases.
2. Install and maintain vendor supported databases and products.
3. Develop, maintain and document administration tools and strategies.
4. Develop and implement performance tuning strategies.
5. Establish and maintain security and integrity controls.
6. Work with development teams to roll out new system releases and resolve problems.
7. Cross train and mentor other DBAs and System Administrators on the team.
8. Follow and maintain documentation and standards.
9. Plan database growth and changes.
10. Report status and progress on a periodic basis to the project managers and the PMO.
The ideal Candidate should have:
• Minimum of 4 years as a primary DBA supporting major production systems with an Oracle backend. • Oracle DBA certification version 7 or higher. • Oracle version 8i or higher. • Strong database and application tuning skills and the ability to conduct PL/SQL analysis. • Extensive knowledge of UNIX (Sun Solaris) and shell scripting. • Project implementation and product installation experience a plus. Experience with a phased Web-based implementation project.
Previous experience of large account or internet project handling and excellent knowledge of eBusiness implementation
Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
A good understanding of:
Patching, back up and recovery, testing
Degree in any of the following from a recognised university: Computing Engineering, Information Systems Management