International Product software Company who have their Global software development centre based in Cork.
Currently require a Software Test engineer.
Reporting to a Team Manager, and sharing your knowledge and experience with your colleagues, you will test sophisticated software products that provide the human interface into the control of industrial automation devices; and thrive in a challenging and rewarding professional team environment; where non-hierarchical scrum teams are the norm and where a passion for learning new and interesting technologies is essential.
Test sophisticated software products
Use different testing types within the software development lifecycle
Automate test cases using test automation
Set up and configure hardware devices
The Person: You will be self-motivated, energetic and upbeat; take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; be a perfectionist who strives for timely completion of projects; have the ability to prioritise the urgency of multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines.
Diploma/Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline is required
1 - 5 years’ experience working as Software Test Engineer with proven software test responsibilities
Full understanding of the testing process and principles
- 1 -5 years’ experience using different testing types within the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Java and an ability to automate test cases
- The ability to set up and configure hardware devices
- Experience of networking
- Knowledge of the Scrum framework
- ISTQB foundation Certification
- To fit with their team you must have a strong desire to deliver quality software, be interested
- Candidates must be eligible to work within the EU,