As a growing Irish company and a front-runner in software development and operational support, the company creates new and innovative software solutions and has an equally impressive client base.
Working within the technology industry, they offer a top class working environment in their Cork offices and a very collaborative approach, which ensures success.
They require a Head of Infrastructure to join them for a permanent position. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, maintenance, up-time, operations and implementation of the infrastructure for all platforms across 4 office locations in the group.
Job Reference: BBBH9919
The role involves:
* Ensuring the network and systems adhere to relevant standards.
* Lead the development of the network and systems architecture, including procurement, future-proofing and options development and appraisal.
* Design and install new network and systems solutions, coordinating project groups, consultants and suppliers so that the solutions meet identified requirements, budgets and timescales.
* Coordinate with the Office IT team and assist in the maintenance and design of the company's internal IT systems across the 5 office locations in the groups.
* Conduct the chapter lead role in a matrix structure with infrastructure experts operating within different features teams acting as their line manager.
* Act as product owner and scrum master for a tooling layer team developing product increments of a tool set that allows abstraction and automation of deployment of Infrastructure as Code.
* Create, manage, and track infrastructure budget across all data centres and offices including tracking of costs of cloud services.
* Enhance infrastructure to ensure maximum efficiency and usage of devices and bandwidth and operational costs.
* Knowledge of security processes and protocols such as IPsec, VPN tunnels, firewalls/DMZ.
* An understanding of virtualisation such as VMware and KVM, including use of cloud services such as Amazon AWS as well as knowledge of containers such as Docker.
* Advanced knowledge ofstorage options such as network attached storage (ideally EMC and HP or other tier-1 vendors) and storage area networks and their design and operation.
* Experience of networking technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing, load balancing across virtual pools, switching, VLANs and subnet design.
* Competitive Salary Packages.
* Free Parking.
* Free Food and Fresh Fruit Available.
* 22 Days Annual Leave.
Where will I send my CV?
Upload your CV through our APPLY link and once clicked you will be able to upload your CV and enter contact details. We will review CV's within 24 hours and respond to suitable candidates ASAP.
We have sample CV templates and CV tips, which the recruiter will be happy to share with you!
More Information and Similar Roles
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +44 330 335 1710 or +353 (0)21 2028035
Job Reference: BBBH9919