Permanent - Cork >>> Technology Skills Overview: Linux, RedHat, VMware, Cloud, Windows, Storage, Switch, Server Hardware, Monitoring.
itContracting are seeking immediate applications for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator. This is a permanent vacancy onsite with our enterprise Client in Cork.
Role Summary/Overall Responsibility
This is primarily a Linux based System Administrator role within our client's IT Systems Team reporting to the System Team Lead.
The successful candidate will be a responsible for the design, build & configuration of Linux environments on a VMware & Cloud platform.
In addition to project related work there is also a focus on the administration, maintenance and support of companywide infrastructure, including but not limited to Server (Physical, Virtual and Cloud based), storage, VMware environment and infrastructure related applications.
* Technical Lead on project delivering infrastructure solutions from the design to close out phase
* Provide insightful and credible technology advice which balances the functionality, costs and risks of the suggested technologies
* Provide expertise in applying architectural governance for business and technical activities
* Support and administration of VMware environment
* Administration and support of servers
* Create and maintain full documentation for relevant systems that are being deployed as part of projects
* Monitor and analyse system performances
* Actively improve operations, policies and procedures
* IT Degree (or some directly related experience)
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
* Experience in VMware is essential
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong administration skills of Linux Systems
* Strong administration skills of Windows System
* Strong knowledge of VMware including host & switch setup, storage allocation and general administration
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Desire to increase knowledge and to learn new and/or improve skills
* Ability to work as a team member and excellent organizational skills