Senior IT Regulatory Assurance Lead, GTaC Assurance - Bank of Ireland
In the current environment, Banking institutions are subject to unforeseen and at times regular inspections from regulatory bodies such as Central Bank of Ireland, Single Supervisory Mechanism or UK Regulators and further afield.
Given that GTaC is a critical business unit responsible for running and operating the bank`s IT environment, many topics of regulatory inspection can impact GTaC. In such cases, these inspections involve a strong IT focus which can range from IT processes to IT outsourcing to technology in general. All inspections require a high quality and timely response from the bank to the regulatory body and are required to be handled with sensitivity and top priority for the bank.
The Senior IT Regulatory Assurance Lead will report to the Manager for Regulatory Assurance within the GTaC Assurance function of the Group Technology and Change (GTaC) business unit in Group Manufacturing, Bank of Ireland.
The Senior IT Regulatory Assurance Lead will be responsible for the day to day management and oversight of multiple and (at times) simultaneous GTaC regulatory inspections and all related assurance activities. Some of these activities include the timely review, QA/validation and coordination of inspections, reviews and information requests received from relevant regulatory bodies. The role involves a strong IT audit and project management element as well as the ability to manage senior stakeholder expectations across the first, second and third line of defense functions.
Location: This role is based between Grand Canal Quay and Cabinteely, Dublin 18.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of GTaC Assurance, the successful candidate will:
* Lead on the review, validation and QA of GTaC responses to IT regulatory and compliance inspections, reviews and information requests whilst ensuring all returns are centrally collated in line with timelines as defined by the regulatory bodies.
* Apply a high quality IT assurance-type review (i.e. completeness, accuracy and appropriateness) to all documentation items as part of regulatory inspections in advance of review by other stakeholders (such as Regulatory Assurance Manager, Head of GTaC Assurance, Head of GTaC, Head of Assurance for Group Manufacturing and Group Internal Audit).
* Manage the expectations on a daily basis of key senior stakeholders impacted by regulatory inspections.
* Act as a primary contact within BOI for the GTaC Regulatory Assurance team in the coordination of all IT regulatory and compliance activity and reporting directly into the Regulatory Assurance Manager.
* Conduct regular QA of GTaC regulatory findings (Risk Mitigation Plans or `RMPs`) through the review of related issues and action plans recorded on the Groups operational risk management tool.
* Provide regular feedback to GTaC risk and issue owners regarding the appropriateness of associated action plans to address RMPs.
* Collate, deliver and report accurate and concise Management Information (MI) for the Regulatory Assurance Manager, Head of GTaC Assurance, GTaC Leadership Team and the Head of Assurance for Group Manufacturing.
* Act as the main representative for Regulatory Assurance in liaising with Group functions such as Group Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk, Group Reporting Controls, Data Protection, Group Legal, Group Internal Audit, etc. in relation to all IT Re