Opportunity to work with emerging technologies
Six Month Contract
Working in an agile team environment, the candidate will work as part of a highly skilled team on the development on a major project. The candidate should have the ability to deliver on time and show ability to work with business owners and architects to clarify and deliver on requirements. The successful candidate will work on all phases of the software development life cycle including analysing requirements, technical design, development and implementation of solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Job Specification Candidates should
* Have knowledge of software design patterns and familiarity with a number of architecture styles and patterns.
* Be an experienced self-starter with extensive experience of Agile Methodologies.
* Experience working on a development teams in delivering high quality and resilient software.
* Experience and understanding of Dev Ops and automation tooling and processes to support a defined delivery cadence.
* be a strong and committed team player with the ability to work on own initiative
* have strong problem solving and analytical skills
* be proactive in developing own skills and knowledge
* have strong communication skills, both written and oral
* have the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
* have an excellent customer service attitude and the ability to interact with people in a professional manner
* Minimum 5 years Java/JEE development experience
* Experience in OO Design
* Demonstrated proficiency in applying common design patterns.
* Ability to communicate effectively using UML
* Ability to write technical documents to a high standard.
* Experience of using an IDE such as Eclipse.
* Experience of the following technologies a must
* Web Services SOAP/XML/REST
* Persistence JDBC/ORM/Databases
* Application Servers such as WebSphere/JBOSS and Tomcat
* Competence in designing and executing unit & integration tests.
* Experience with Selenium and Cucumber