Bank of Ireland`s Group Internal Audit Team is looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic professional at Audit Relationship Manager level with financial auditing experience. The role could offer you the opportunity to lead teams, develop and execute risk based assignments, all with the support of an innovative and experienced team.
Group Internal Audit is the Bank of Ireland Group`s third line of defence and is responsible for providing independent, reasonable, risk based assurance that meets our stakeholders` needs. Our key stakeholders include the Board, Group and Subsidiary Audit Committees, Risk Committees, senior management and the Bank`s regulators and external auditors. Working in GIA gives you a unique opportunity to have insights into all of the Bank`s activities and access to the most senior levels within the Bank.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the successful candidate will be required to:
* Lead in the planning, execution and reporting of assurance and review activity;
* Support business units, where appropriate, in identifying the appropriate actions required to address and improve risk management practices and internal control frameworks;
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior management; and
* Work with the wider GIA department to support the achievement of overall GIA objectives.
* ACA/ACCA qualified.
* Previous internal or external audit experience (preferably Big 4/Financial Services based)
* Knowledge of key risks and controls.
* Understanding of the relevant regulatory environment.
Previous internal or external audit experience in the following areas:
* Retail banking products
* Regulatory reporting
Key Capabilities Required
* Strong understanding of risk management, governance and internal audit
* Strong client management skills
* Good written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail
* Ability to operate in a challenging and dynamic environment