Web Applications Developer (Python) - Dublin 2
Our client is an award winning company with global clients. Their clients include government agencies, large multinationals, industry groups and academic institutions. The client utilises its multidisciplinary team, with backgrounds in mathematics, nutrition, physics, pharmacology, computer science, economics and business, to provide software and consultancy solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Our client has developed software to calculate consumer exposure to additives, nutrients, pesticides, flavouring compounds, packaging material migrants, and novel & GM foods.
They are looking for an exceptional Python developer who would enjoy working on challenging technical projects and being part of a innovative, Dublin city-centre based company.
This role will involve joining a small team of engineers in the development of a range of mathematical modelling applications. Current projects include flexible desktop & web clients, robust middleware & database servers, and high speed scripting & computational engines. Using a variety of software languages and programming paradigms, and the ability to quickly adapt and learn new languages and programming techniques is essential. This role requires someone who has a passion for computer programming and takes pride in their ability to design and develop world-class software.
• Honours degree in numerate discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering).
• At least one year’s experience in a similar role.
• Experience of Python for application development and scripting.
• Experience developing web applications using modern web applications frameworks. such as Django, Flask, Node.js, Ruby on Rails.
• An ability and enthusiasm for learning new technologies quickly.
The following, while not essential, are highly desirable:
• Experience developing representational state transfer (RESTful) API architectures
• Experience in database design, optimisation and management, particularly using large datasets, using relational database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or document-oriented database systems such as MongoDB.
• Experience with software engineering practices such as the use of Version Control Systems (particularly Git), code reviews/pull requests, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
• Experience developing high performance C or C++ code.
• Interest in mathematics and statistics
• Proficiency with developing and deploying applications on Linux environments.
• Attention to detail, with the ability to complete tasks on time or before deadline.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
• Ability to interpret technical and business requirements effectively.
• Fluency in the English language is required.
To be considered for this role please respond to this ad or call Solas Consulting on 012 44 9520.