Lead Developer - C++ - Software Engineer - Hardware Engineering - Linux - Network Data - Multithreading
Our client is seeking a Principle C++ developer to join their core technology team working on a range of Data analytics and High performance financial services systems.
They are seeking someone to help build product utilising C++ on a primarily Linux system. The role will interface heavily with Infrastructure and network hardware so knowledge of the Intel x86 platform and knowledge of Network architecture and packet processing.
* Excellent C++ development skills including Multi-threading, software optimisation and 5+ years' experience in a primarily C++ environment
* Extensive Software and Hardware programming experience
* In depth knowledge of Linux Kernel including Driver integration, patching and file system internals
* Experience with the Intel x86 platform including architecture and tuning
* Prior use of Assembly programming
* Excellent knowledge of Network data and packet processing
* Some experience with Python and Java will be beneficial Key responsibilities:
* Act in senior capacity for a large high profile high performance development team
* Assist in architecting and developing a range of products using primarily C++
* Focus on increasing performance capabilities and efficient use of hardware
* Help to build out the wider development team This team sits within a growing data analysis company whose clients include multiple T1 investment banks globally. They produce and support a range of hardware and software products that provide unparalleled insight into not only internal data but all data flows into and out of the business. They are growing year on year and are ambitious for 2017 to increase their development team headcount by around 50%
This role represents an opportunity for an excellent C++ developer to join a team in a senior position and help to produce innovative products for the financial services market.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50.