Due to further growth, Evros Technology Group is now looking for a professional, hardworking and outgoing Senior Application Support Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team.
* Work with technical experts and business managers to support client solutions
* Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical, business, and client stakeholders
* Act as liaison between technical and non-technical counterparts
* Identify gaps in processes and services across production environments
* Write efficient, easy to follow user guides and documentation and maintain a clear focus on building knowledge management
* Assess application changes, raise awareness for potential impacts and play a key role in change management governance
* Provide support in a Citrix / Virtual environment for a combination of COTS and bespoke applications
* Provide technical leadership to a client support team
* Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
* MCSA: SQL Server
* >5 years' experience supporting applications in a corporate Windows environment
* 3 to 5 years' experience supporting bespoke applications
* 3 to 5 years' experience dealing with deployments and change management in a corporate environment across dev / test / production environments, including assessing project transitions into production
* 3 to 5 years' experience dealing with senior technical and management stakeholders in a corporate environment
* Demonstrable experience in process improvement, knowledge management and documentation
Required Skills and Knowledge:
* Excellent communicator, comfortable managing the expectations of senior technical staff as well as senior management
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL database servers
* Scripting skills and understanding of programming languages
* Some infrastructure knowledge and troubleshooting skills
* ITIL knowledge and experience
The successful candidate:
* Has a flair for technology and enjoys challenging projects
* Enjoys working with teams and liaising with multiple stakeholders
* Can provide technical leadership to team mates and seeks out innovative approaches
* Demonstrates great determination in resolving complex issues and closing out projects
* Is customer focused and deadline oriented
For further information please feel free to contact us or apply here to us. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals.
Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.