Dublin City Centre, 6 Month Daily Rate Contract
The clients goal is to improve IT's time to market and the effectiveness of the IT environment and processes. The approach is to integrate the disciplines of Architecture, Development Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering to maximize the consistency and quality of these services.
Serves as a Storage Engineer and assists in the planning, communications, scripting and execution for assigned testing for emerging storage technologies. Primary tasks will be in designing, programming and executing test automation to ensure the correct operation of Cloud technologies. Performs regression, integration, and fault injection testing activities across our systems/platforms for process/operational improvements. May work under the supervision of a Senior Engineering Lead but must be able to work independently. Performs all of the following tasks including, but not limited to:
* Analysing Engineering design documents and Roadmaps to understand technologies and map out testing/monitoring/redundancy/resiliency strategies
* Must work well with Vendors and ensure that we drive the Vendor process (must validate and confirm vendor assessments)
* Preparing Engineering documentation and reports detailing the methodology, results and recommendations for technologies or platforms
* Assisting the Engineering Manager/Leads to implement improvements in test methods and process
* Contribute to executive level presentation/demonstrations around methodologies and value add proposition
* Determine when to engage other groups (Sys Admins, DBA's, Capacity Planning, Diagnostics team, Network teams) for issues identified during testing cycles
* Creating test plans from functional requirements documents, technical design specs and reference models
* Analysing test results, creating graphs and reporting results in a way that is understandable to technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Ability to perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis during testing cycles and find strategies to continue moving the project forward
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems administration or testing discipline and have excellent C, C++, Python and/or Java coding experience. This position will require frequent written and verbal communications with all stakeholders for technical and non-technical reviews.
* Excellent coding skills in C, C++, Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Java (or combination of languages)
* Knowledgeable about all testing methodologies (fault injection, storage specific, white vs. black box, functional vs. performance, etc...)
* Demonstrated experience working in multiple Engineering disciplines (Server, DB, Storage, Network, etc…)
* Knowledge of Wintel, UNIX and Linux platforms
* Experience implementing solutions across Cloud ecosystem
* Experience using an error reporting defect management tool
* Must have a demonstrated ability to solve problems in a professional setting
* Must be a self-starter who can work independently by using all available resources to meet deliverables
* Must have the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.