As a Systems Engineering Manager you will lead the team of scientists and system integration/verification in support of sustaining and new product development activities. Whilst there is a strong focus on people management and growth within this role there is also the opportunity to directly apply your software expertise and experience in order for the team to execute projects.Interface with functional leadership to understand system integration requirements and manage task priorities of group members to maximize impact relative to key business objectives.
· Interface with functional leadership to understand system integration requirements and manage task priorities of group members to maximize impact relative to key business objectives.
· Establish operational objectives and high level work plans on new and sustaining product development projects including determining resource demand and allocation to projects.
· Deliver new clinical research/RUO application to the market
· Work with team to develop new reagents applications
· Lead associates in the group including selection, development, compensation planning, performance management, coaching, and reviewing quality of work products. Complete performance evaluations for group members on a regular basis, including annual review. Act as advisor to associates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
· Implement operating policies, processes and procedures for the team. Interpret companywide policies and procedures and ensure compliance to processes and operational policies within the group.
· Formulate recommendations for policy and procedure changes that will improve overall engineering productivity as necessary. Identify and implement efficiencies for the group
· Lead the team to achieve a Best-In-Class organization, demonstrated via benchmarking to comparable SI across BD, industry peers and consistently meeting business expectations.
· Routinely evaluate group capacity relative to total demand for support and advise R&D engineering management accordingly.
· Provide critical analysis of launch readiness of new products, with particular emphasis on anticipating challenges in early launch.
· Manages and coordinates the resources responsible for the activities of the Systems verification and validation group that include: planning, timeline development, protocols writing, protocol execution and report writing.
· Creates and maintains all verification and validation process documents including SOPs and desk procedures.
· Determines scope of work for program tasks and establishes schedules
· Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories and contributes to scientific literature and conferences.
· Communicates program status, progress, problems, and procedures to upper management.
· Develops and monitors budgets for operational and capital expenditures and defines resource requirements.
You must demonstrate excellent people management skills and experience with a real desire to develop and promote talent. Working knowledge of in product verification and validation is a must.
You should possess a Masters degree, or equivalent, a PhD would be a strong plus.
It is essential that you have experience, exposure or a relevant qualification regarding the Biomedical industry. You should have a previous experience with FDA filing and have exposure to high reliability products utilising both Agile and Waterfall.
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. But we serve all of them with one single and relentless human purpose: advancing the world of health. This single purpose drives each of our employees around the world in making a difference in the lives of millions.
We are expanding our footprint across Ireland which a new state of the art office opening in the next few months. Join us and be part of a passionate team of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of people all around the world.
Our people have discovered the difference, now its your turn!