Exciting permanent job opportunity for a Senior Unix Systems Administrator.
* Manage and support server equipment to ensure the highest level of performance and availability in a 24X7 environment
* Actively participates in the planning, development and implementation of the installation of local and/or remote server equipment
* Proactively monitors, operates, upgrades and maintains local and/or remote server equipment ensuring availability and protection of server equipment
* Work with global infrastructure teams to help manage and maintain Storage, Network, Telecommunications, Windows Server and Security infrastructure on site
* Work closely with development teams on site and be a single point of contact for hosting infrastructure.
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with IS services (database, data center, servers, desktop, networking, security), and software vendors, as needed
* Leads and participates in server equipment capacity planning efforts and performs development and testing of new server equipment architectures.
* Leads and participates in the installation, testing, upgrading (both software and hardware) and retirement of server equipment
* Monitors and reports on processes, uptime, performance, utilization and capacity of server equipment
* Designs, executes and monitors server equipment backups to ensure company data and applications are safeguarded and can be restored to establish normal operation after an incident or disaster
* Implements continuous improvements (upgrades and patches) to ensure server equipment is preventively maintained, running properly and protected from computer viruses and/or other security threats
* Interacts with users and other IS teams to accommodate requests for server equipment services (data storage, applications)
* Create and maintain all required technical documentation per IS methodology and processes
* Leads trouble shooting initiatives and resolves server equipment failures by analyzing issues and implementing corrective actions. Leads root cause analysis and takes measures to address root cause analysis findings
* Leads the development and monitoring of policies and standards for server equipment resource capacity allocation to users and applications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 6+ years' experience in a UNIX / Linux / AIX Server Administration role
* 2+ years' experience working with customers designing and architecting solutions
* Experience with Puppet and writing Puppet Policies
* Previous experience as a leading member of a large UNIX server organization
* Basic experience with the following technologies is desirable:
* NetApp\EMC & HP Storage infrastructure
* Cisco networking & Avaya telecommunications solutions
* Windows 2008 & 2012 operating systems
* Active Directory, DNS & DHCP
* Demonstrated ability to work with people in other areas across the enterprise (geographical and functional) to accomplish desired outcomes
* Experience with pharma
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.