Compliance & Regulatory Risk Manager , for Group Compliance and Regulatory Risk - Bank of Ireland
Group Compliance and Regulatory Risk (GCRR) are responsible for the effective enterprise governance of Compliance and Regulatory risk management and the enhancement of risk management activities in the Group.
GCRR is a newly established function and the role holder will form a key part of the team driving transformational change. This team is key to the delivery of all changes initiatives in particular supporting the implementation of the revised GCRR Operating model.
This role will operate across a number of different teams and specialist functions both internal to the department and across the Group.
This job provides a foundation for a variety of roles in risk management. Opportunities for progression in the organisation exist and are varied, depending on individual interests, aspirations and abilities.
Reporting to the Head of GCRR Governance, Strategy and Reporting the successful candidate will:
* Coordinate the development and implementation of GCRR strategy, policies and practices.
* Support all Change initiatives across GCRR.
* Manage the process for, and support the governance of, the GCRR policy renewal process including providing advice and guidance on technical writing and engagement with key impacted stakeholders.
* Design, implement and maintain a central information site to act as an important communication tool and support the work of the function.
* Support the function in meeting its formal external governance requirements, including co-ordination of the quarterly certification process for certain obligations.
* Support the GCRR financial management, budgeting and resource planning process.
* Provide support, education and training to staff across the GCRR and co-ordinate initiatives within GCRR which support the Group`s training approach to build risk awareness and compliance culture within the bank.
What you can expect in return
What a great time to join us! We are going through a period of significant change which will provide a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us. Every organisation will tell you that their people are their most prized asset - we`ll tell you that too. The difference is however, we prove it - through commitment to nurturing, encouraging, challenging and training our people. On top of a great career path, we can offer you a range of benefits such as discounted VHI, FREE banking, preferential rates on loans and financial products, holiday and insurance funds, generous annual leave and staff offers. We also have many sports & social clubs, award winning LearningZone training and development opportunities to get involved in volunteering and collecting for charities through our Give Together initiative.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key skills and expertise:
* 3-5+ years` work experience, of which the majority of this time should be in similar role, with reporting, and or working in a risk management environment.
* High standard in MS Office skills in particular the use of MS Powerpoint to create reports, presentations and papers to an Executive level standard.
* Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and regulatory risk frameworks, and of financial regulatory regimes (e.g. Central Bank of Ireland, European Central Bank)
* Ability to influence stakeholders at various levels within the organization