Test Automation Engineer (Cork or Dublin)
An excellent opportunity has opened up within a well-established organisation who have a presence in Dublin and Cork. This role can be taken up in either location.
The ideal candidate with have experience in the quality assurance and creation of automated tests. Some manual test may also be required. The applications are written using an existing framework. The framework is written exclusively in Java but a little knowledge of VB might be beneficial.
The successful candidate must be willing to take ownership and lead the company's automation strategy. There is a clear career path into team lead and management.
* Preparing test work plans and reporting of results
* Assist with the design and development of the testing framework
* Develop tests to evaluate the performance, scalability, security and reliability of the product
* Writing automated test cases for new releases of software
* Writing automated test cases for the regression suite of the software
* Dealing with software developers to ensure timely fixes and retests
* Help define the company's automation strategy and lead others in automating QA
Skills & Experience
* 3rd Level Qualification in a relevant technical, accounting or mathematical based discipline OR relevant experience in a similar discipline
* 4+ years' experience in Quality Assurance.
* Strong aptitude for and interest in software development/quality assurance.
* Knowledge of Operating Systems - Windows and Linux
* Knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, or other database
* Knowledge of accounting principles
* Experience in bug tracking software like HP Quality Centre and JIRA
* Experience of automated tools such as Selenium Web Driver
* Strong knowledge of automation test best practises
* Excellent knowledge and experience of application servers (e.g. Tomcat)
* Solid understanding of web UI and browser based testing within test automation
Salary / Package:
* €45,000 - 55,000
* Full benefits package
For more information, contact Deirdre O'Callaghan confidentially on +353 86 0239661 or email your CV to
If this role is not of interest to you, please feel free to contact me regarding other Software QA roles.