itContracting are seeking applications for a Senior Business Systems Analyst this is a permanent position based in Cavan or Dublin. This role is an international role which has about 25-50% travel required to our client's offices worldwide.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Application of analytical knowledge and critical thinking skills to support a wide range of business constituents across 16 countries, defining business needs, establishing standards, designing processes, and implementing solutions related to assigned data and analytics projects.
* Develop recommendations to address data, analytics and business opportunities, provide input to project plans and status updates, as well as facilitate business needs discussions, working with cross-functional teams.
* Be part of a collaborative culture that values your experience, invests in its employees and recognizes that success, profitably and growth start with you.
* Bring a learning / modern methodology attitude to a forward-thinking team culture.
* Use your business and technical knowledge to support business growth and improved performance in local country markets. This will include, but is not limited to, building complex queries using SAS and SQL, as well as emerging analytics tools.
* Partner with international functional teams to assist with framing data and analytics solutions, offering technical expertise, standards, and best practices.
* Capture and document business, data, and/or system requirements, as well as related data definitions, for cross-country solutions such as key operational and financial metrics.
* Analyse and document business problems and associate requirements back to the problem.
* Develop and implement strategies to validate resolution of the identified business problems and realization of business requirements.
* Design customer-focused data and analytics processes and solutions for a diverse customer base in business-owned technologies such as SAS. Partners with IT teams to design and implement solutions in IT-supported technologies.
* Develop task plans and estimates, communicate status, and makes recommendations regarding risks or issues to the relevant project manager, supervisor or manager.
* Lead change management activities, applying a structured methodology.
* Bachelors or Master's Degree in business or technical discipline.
* 5-8 years' experience in a relevant data/analytics environment.
Experience and Knowledge
* Knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies as well as business process and information flow.
* General knowledge of diverse data architectures and analytics techniques (new and emerging).
* Skills in object, data, and/or process modelling, financial analysis and planning, business value analysis, and business process design.
* Demonstrated experience with SAS and SQL is required, Hadoop experience preferred.