Test Automation Engineer
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to join an organisation who are at an exciting point in its growth. This company look for innovative candidates who like to use their imagination to help develop brands. This role offers fantastic career development opportunities.
This ideal candidate will be given the freedom to suggest improvements to the products, the technologies used, and the processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your programming skills by developing REST API's for internal services using industry standard solutions such as Hibernate, Spring MVC, Jersey and get direct experience with SQL and noSQL database technologies.
* Creation of automated frameworks and tests while maintaining existing frameworks
* Working with development teams and manual QA teams to identify and plug any automation gaps
* Working within development teams to integrate automated tests with end/to/end build (CI) environments
* Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness
* Carry out stringent code reviews
* Review software requirements documentation
* Be accountable for quality and schedule of own deliverables
* Effectively prioritise & manage tasks
* Provide accurate and precise estimates, along with risk levels and foreseeable dependencies
* The ability to work within a team and to make a valuable contribution
* Generate statistics and reports in order to produce quality metrics and identify risk
* BSc in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Strong knowledge of Java, Groovy, Scala or other Object Orientated Programming languages
* 3+ years relevant experience working in a QA Automation role
* In-depth exposure to mobile web and app testing
* In-depth exposure to REST API's
* Solid experience automating web UI tests using tools like Selenium/WebDriver etc
* Solid experience automating web services / REST API's
* Solid working knowledge of JSON and XML
* Solid / demonstrable experience with MySQL or other database technology
* Hands on experience with Hibernate or other ORM
* Experience in using source control tools such as GIT, Stash, Perforce, SVN
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in cross-functional project teams
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* €50,000 - €60,000
* Full benefits package
For more information, please contact Deirdre O'Callaghan confidentially on 0860239661
I specialise in recruiting Software Testers of all levels, if you wish to discuss this or any other Testing/QA opportunity please feel free to contact me.