Digital Planet is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking a cloud security engineer to join our growing team based out of our head office in Cherrywood, Dublin.
This is a support role in a fast growing area which will offer the right candidate significant opportunity for development and advancement of their career in IT security.
* Work within a support team with varied skill sets and experience
* Analyse technical solutions end to end to determine the most effective delivery approach, estimate timelines and costs for security solutions.
* Work within change management policies to ensure success of changes
* Provide Level 2 troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
* Continuously improve processes through automation & process refinement.
* Design server and environmental hardening guides, for internal infrastructure / customer deployments
Essential skills and experience
* Third level degree in a related IT field
* Exposure and knowledge of IT & web technologies, and internet based threats.
Experience of product configuration & troubleshooting of networking and security equipment (minimum 2) from:
* Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint)
* Security Log management (Splunk, FortiSIEM, QRadar etc)
* Intrusion detection/prevention systems
* Virtualisation (VMWare, HyTrust)
* Identity management (VMware, Microsoft, Oracle)
* DDoS mitigation (Radware,
* Data loss prevention
* Vulnerability scanning (Qualys, Nessus, OpenVAS)
* Conscientious, trustworthy and capable of organizing and delivering on tasks within a team environment
* Customer focussed
* Ambitious & eager to learn and develop skills
* Strong troubleshooting and communications skills essential
* Great attention to detail
* Mobile phone
* Training and development
* Health insurance
To be considered for this position please apply here or contact Chris Byrne (+35315267737) for more information.