Digital Planet is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking a datacentre engineer to join our growing support team.
Your purpose as the datacentre engineer will be to perform all the datacentre tasks such as installations, asset management, hardware maintenance, network troubleshooting, server configuration, rebuild and decommissions.
This role will be based primarily in the Park West area of Dublin but will involve regular travel to our other locations in the greater Dublin area.
Tasks will involve:
* Physical racking of equipment in the datacentres
* Hardware replacement
* Managing fibre and copper cabling within the datacentres
* Maintaining DCIM software
* Asset management and hardware warranty management
* Co-ordinating with vendors for on-site engineer access
Some travelling (5%) will be required on occasion to support our sites in the UK.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* A keen eye for detail
* Full clean driving license
* Good analytical/troubleshooting skills and willing to learn new technology
* Some experience of industry standard IT equipment and their components, including: rack mountable server, switch and blade technology
* Understanding of datacentre environments
* Understanding of copper and fibre cabling/patching
* Self-starter that is able to perform tasks with minimal supervision
* Experience troubleshooting HP servers and server components such as motherboards, array controllers, network cards, processors, memory.
* Performing network testing using fluke or similar vendor testers
* Experience troubleshooting LAN and WAN networks
* HP APS, A+ or Server+ certification is desired
* MS MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE certification would be useful
* 1-2 years' experience within datacentre or related IT fields
* Fluent English
* Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
* Mobile phone
* Training and development
* Health insurance
To be considered for this position please apply here or contact Brian Cassidy (014396881) for more information.