Risk Assessment & Measurement Manager , for GTaC - Bank of Ireland - Group Manufacturing
Financial services regulation is undergoing significant change with regulatory reforms, both at European and local levels. As part of this reform, governance, risk and internal controls frameworks play an increasingly important role in the Financial Services Industry.
Supporting Group Technology and Change (GTaC) in the Group Manufacturing Division of the Bank of Ireland Group, the GTaC Assurance team ensures that there is a consistent and aligned approach to risk management from a first line perspective. This team is responsible for supporting, guiding, advising and coordinating the Business Units in GTaC as they execute their responsibility for managing, monitoring and reporting of risk in their respective units.
Within this team, the Risk Assessment & Measurement area is responsible for ensuring that first line GTaC Management are managing risk in accordance with the Group`s Business Controls Framework and for providing support and guidance to first line GTaC Management in the design of robust IT controls in order to mitigate risk.
Reporting to the Head of GTaC Assurance the successful candidate will:
* Lead and develop a dynamic team of risk professionals
* Provide leadership and direction for the implementation, embedding and tracking of the Group`s Business Control Framework (BCF) in GTaC
* Liaise with and actively support the Business to implement, embed and maintain the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process in their Business Units, ensuring proportionate and consistent identification, assessment, monitoring, mitigation and reporting of risks and associated controls
* Design and implement a suite of KRIs for monitoring key risks
* Anticipate regulatory and commercial challenges to ensure Business Unit risk assessments are sufficiently robust to address significant trigger events e.g. changes in activities, changes to processes/suppliers, occurrence of a material incident, deterioration in Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), etc.
* Manage the data quality of GTaC related risk and control data on RADAR (the Group`s IT system for managing risk)
* Manage the documentation of control gaps between key policies and GTaC processes (as documented in Risk Assessment process) and develop action plans with Business Units to remediate gaps
* Provide key leadership to the Business Units in the formulation/design of robust action plans and controls to remediate risk issues or control deficiencies identified during the testing process
* Provide process owners across GTaC with controls design expertise at the operational level (including assistance with process standardisation as well as the incorporation of Financial Reporting and key operational controls into operating processes)
* Provide risk and control subject matter expertise advice in defining control requirements for core operating processes
* Liaise with Process Owners to ensure that control requirements are understood and fully integrated into GTaC operating processes
* Oversee and support the Risk Acceptance and Issue Management process
* Perform QA review of processes and controls
* Support remediation of any issues or control gaps across GTaC identified during the testing process
* Present to Management on IT risks and controls status
* Contribute to the overall development of the GTaC Assurance team at both a strategic